Click here for PDF Resume of Rosemary Hossenlopp
Rosemary Hossenlopp, PMP MBA
PO Box 985 Mountain View, CA 94042 | (408) 461.7808 Office | Rosemary@PMPerspectives.com
Project Management Consultant
- Energy and enthusiasm for operationalization of technical programs to Get Things Done, and
- Creative and collaborative leader for innovation project, process or people change initiatives, and
- Analytics, SaaS and IOT product requirements analysis and process improvement development, and
- Proven in all phases of cross functional Global Program release management to ensure execution success with all Stakeholders.
Principal Consultant – PM Perspectives Inc | Mountain View, CA | 2002-current
- Silicon Valley-based contract project manager providing enterprise deployments, software development program, process re-engineering & improvement services and training.
- Cisco Systems | San Jose, California | 2007-2015
- Analytics & IOT Business Unit (ABU) Program Manager in newly formed SaaS Business Unit Big Data & Cloud analytics program. Responsibilities also included managing multiple geographically dispersed engineering scrum teams, engineering PMO coordination of many cross-functional teams and status reporting, financial reporting and status updates, cross-BU Product Management staff portfolio reviews to technical and non-technical audiences, SDLC/Agile training and process improvement, interim chief of staff & global sales operations financial reporting.
- Technical Services (TSPM) Program Manager for a strategic services data analytics / sales operations process improvement initiative. Responsibilities also included supporting senior leadership in ad-hoc projects, status reports, financial reporting, portfolio reviews, & communications.
- Intelligent Automation Software Solutions Business Unit (IASBU) Business program manager supporting a SaaS portfolio of middleware solutions from recently acquired companies. Responsibilities also included Release timeline & Engineering release management, managing functional requirements reviews and PRD’s/MRD’s, completing Sales and Operational reviews, budgets, executive communications, employee engagement and workforce reduction plans.
- SaaS Program Manager for Advance Services (AS) initiative to move high-cost professional services into an automated Cloud workflow. Responsibilities also included budget planning, and senior leadership reviews.
- Program Manager for US Theater sales team Portfolio planning initiative. Responsibilities included requirements & dashboard mockups for proposed portfolio solution.
- Senior Business Analyst for Customer Advocacy (CA) program documentation needed for enabling outsourcing of a complex customer support role. Responsibilities also included release planning, cross functional pain point challenges & resolutions.
- Senior Business Analyst for Customer Advocacy (CA) quote to cash program. Documented worldwide services business requirements, use cases, data dictionary, User roles & process flows to identify gaps use of Oracle Customer Order process.
- Management Concepts | Washington DC |2005 – current
- Delivering training in Agile, Project Management/Systems Engineering & Business Analysis too commercial and government audiences. Responsibilities also included business analyst process and skill set survey for a challenged business analysis Center of Excellence (COE) with recommendations for executive alignment and requirements practices and an intelligence community assessment for a challenged data program that integrated over 50 internet vendor solutions. Provided recommendations for improvement of project office and vendor management processes.
- Sun Microsystems | Menlo Park, California | 2003
- Assessed corporate and global high-level practices and process flows, determined gaps to implement a Project Management Institute (PMI) compliant PMO solution for enhancing the workflow of cross-functional global marketing teams.
- Project Management Institute (PMI): Founding Core Team member and volunteer Council Lead of a 34,000-member Organizational Project Management Community of Practice providing education on strategic project practices and assessments.
- UC Berkeley Extension: Instructor and Project Management & Business Analysis Advisory Board Member.
- UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley: Instructor for project management courses.
- San Jose State University: Developed Risk Management Training for Silicon Valley professionals.
Product Manager | Converge Inc | 2001
- $100 million funded B2B supply chain e-commerce start-up providing supply chain messaging for global OEM ‘s.
- Responsibilities included business plan development, PRD & vendor solution requirements and project management.
Project Office Director | GVO | 2000
- Silicon Valley-based new product development consulting firm providing engineering services to global enterprises.
- Responsibilities included client proposals, client relationship and project management.
NPI Project Manager | Compaq Computers | 1994-2000
- Tandem Division based supplier of fault tolerant hardware and software to global accounts.
- Responsibilities included manufacturing project management, sales order configuration manager, and supply chain analysis.
Supply Chain Operations Manager | Apple Computer | 1988-1994
- Silicon Valley based OEM focused on delivery of innovative computers and peripherals.
- Responsibilities included material planning, supply chain capacity planning, OEM demand planning.
Supply Chain Planner | AT&T | 1983-1987
- Silicon Valley based deregulated unit focusing on establishing new telephone equipment supply chain partners.
- Responsibilities included creating new OEM procurement and logistics processes for off-shore partners.
MBA | 1988 | Santa Clara University | Santa Clara, California
BS | 1981 | Oregon State University | Corvallis, Oregon
Project Management Institute (PMI®) | Organizational Project Management (OPM) Community of Practice Founding Core team member and Council lead
National Speakers Association (NSA®) | Northern California, Former Board Member
Editor | Organizational Project Management | Management Concepts | 2010
- Edited the book Organizational Project Management; Linking Strategy and Projects to help move the needle on thought leadership in this critical strategic area.
Co-author | Unearthing Business Requirements, Elicitation Tools & Techniques | Management Concepts | 2007
- Co-author of requirements book that provides practical tips for business analysis practitioners.
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Body of Knowledge (BABOK) Contributor | 2005
- Key author of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) Requirements section that encourages standards for business analysis practices and professionalizes the role of the business analyst professionals.
MS Office, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint, Rally, CSM, PMP, Agile, Scrum master, SDLC, Process re-engineering, Business requirements, use cases, process flow diagrams